I have always loved to create. Cooking, crafting, and sewing were some of my earliest hobbies. So it was love at first site, creating in the digital world as a developer. After many years as an independent contributor I advanced my career in a formal leadership role as an Associate Technical Director at a marketing agency. I expanded my communication and storytelling skills working directly with the clients. I discovered I needed to work with the clients to help identify what problem actually needed to be solved, only after that could we build the right thing. Next I moved to a SaaS company, leading cross functional teams in building new features. I took advantage of my technical past and experience in building software, to help teams to prioritize, strategize, and deliver. I now work as a Technical Product Manager at Mailchimp leading a platform team that creates internal foundational libraries for our engineering teams to build from.
A few random things.
Years Between Children
How Many Feet Tall
What I've been up to.
Technical Product Manager
Feb 2020 - Present
Mailchimp (Intuit), Atlanta, GA
- Executed the rebranding of the Mailchimp developer focused product Mailchimp Transactional, formerly known as Mandrill and grew the Transactional monthly revenue by 9% and the rate of new users by 95%.
- Established a blueprint for the collaboration of technical engineering platform teams with product teams.
- Coordinated several product teams roadmaps to enable new features to be built in parallel with dependent core technical functionality for accelerated release timelines.
- Led several product teams by developing team priorities, roadmaps, KPIs, and running agile ceremonies.
Jul 2017 - Feb 2020
Mailchimp, Atlanta, GA
- Managed several cross-functional product teams in delivering high quality software.
- Introduced new processes and strategies to increase team momentum and meet milestones.
- Instituted scrum ceremonies to support an agile working environment.
- Recruited, interviewed, and hired to grow the engineering department.
- Developed a new rubric of engineering skills to improve the promotion process of the Engineering department.
- Created a company wide internal hack-a-thon that included all of the product team roles to support innovation.
Associate Technical Director
Jun 2015 - Jul 2017
- Managed the development team in producing high quality digital projects.
- Optimized internal processes.
- Mentored junior team members.
- Integrated tech team with creative team.
- Led project evaluation and analysis.
- Recruited new team members.
Masters & Digital Media
2009 - 2011
Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Arts & Mathematics
1999 - 2004
Spelman, Atlanta, GA